Course Books: (2-3 of copies of each)
- Vincent Lyon-Callo: Inequality, Poverty, and Neo-Liberal Governance
- Toni Flynn: Finding My Way
- Andrew Heben: Tent City Urbanism
- Irene Glasser and Rae Bridgman: Braving the Street: An Anthropology of Homelessness
- A single copy of most of the other books listed on the Books page.
- Christopher Jencks: The Homeless, chapters 1 & 2
- Kenan Heise: Book of the Poor
- J. Spickard: “Counting the Homeless” from Research Basics, chapter 14.
also posted on our course Moodle site
- J. Spickard: ““Talking About Homelessness: Shifting Discourses and the Appeal to Religion in America’s Seventh Largest City” from Religion and Homelessness ed. by Manuel Mejido (forthcoming)
- A Guide to Counting Unsheltered Homeless People, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, 2004